Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Computer Tricks

I've grown up with computers since the days of DOS, so I like to think that I know a thing or two about general usage.  But this link shared by a friend of mine has taught me several new tricks on Windows: http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/mofir/whats_a_computer_trick_you_think_everyone_should/

I thought this quote was fun: "Watching someone who knows their Excel do work is like watching someone play the piano. or starcraft."  Haha...  Or the one about using F2 to rename a file or group of files, and Tab to jump to the next one, in which somebody said, "You just changed my life."

Some that I didn't know but want to remember are: Ctrl + L for selecting the address bar text, Space and Alt + Space to scroll page by page in a web browser (just slightly more convenient than Pg Up and Pg Dn), Ctrl + Alt + [Arrow Key] for rotating display to selected direction, Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager, F2 to rename a file or file group, [Ctrl/Alt] + [Backspace/Del] will remove or undo removing an entire word forwards or backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment